Summer School on Advanced Topics on Cell Model Systems
Summer School on Advanced Topics on Cell Model Systems will be held in Rome, 20-24 June 2016, co-organized by Tor Vergata Research Establishment National Research Council of Italy, and COST EMF-MED.
Call for COST EMF-MED grant applications with instructions can be found here.
If interested for COST EMF-MED grant, Doodle response is needed as soon as possible, while the deadline for COST EMF-MED grant application is Tuesday, May 17th at 24:00h CET. Interested applicants should clearly demonstrate how the participation to the school will help them advance their research endeavours in a topic related to COST EMF MED activities.
The interested participants should also apply directly to the school, aside from the application for COST EMF-MED grant. All questions related to the fee, school registration and on-site logistics should be directed to school secretariat (not handled by COST EMF-MED), to the contact below:
CMS3 School Secretariat: Cms3.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfonsina Ramundo-Orlando, Director of the Summer School: Alfonsina.email@example.com
Phone: +39 6 45488213
Fax: +39 6 45488257
More info about the school can be seen here: http://www.cms3.cnr.it/
CNR-Tor Vergata-Via del Fosso del Cavaliere, 100- 00133 Rome (Italy)
The CNR Research Establishment at Tor Vergata-Rome, where the School is planned to be held, is located near the University Campus of Tor Vergata. The CNR Research Establishment offers a complete range of services to its personnel and to visitors, including library, canteen and a bus service to the Rome Metro Line A. Tor Vergata is one of the largest CNR research establishments and is made up of several Institutes. Four of them are involved in the management of the Summer School. The organizing committee will be responsible for the local arrangements and the local organization of the summer course.
An intensive one week laboratory and lecturer school for PhD students and young researchers in the Eternal City Rome to facilitate an effective sharing and dissemination of new and innovative research ideas, strategies, focal points on cell model systems to promote pharmaceutical, pharmacogenomics, tissue engineering and computational research together with twelve outstanding scientists from different countries: Germany, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom. Twelve scientists of the Research Establishment of National Research Council (CNR) will impart practical exercises at laboratories on techniques on: 1) membrane model systems and protocell, 2) exposure set-ups for EMF studies, 3) biosensors and nanostructures, 4) advanced technique in microscopy, 5) dynamic molecular simulation. New insights for future biomedical applications of EMFs: new tools for the tumour hyperthermia, the central nervous systems disorders as well as a better understanding of the mechanisms of interaction between low intensity EMFs and biological systems.
No other schools are present in Europe on this specific topic and mixing of theoretical and practical approaches.
The school is certified as UNI EN ISO 9001:2000. The management respects the standard procedure and quality of international level.
The school is co-organized with COST EMF-MED (Action BM1309): European network for innovative uses of EMFs in biomedical applications.
List of lectures:
1. Systems Biology: Molecular networks and generation of emergent properties
2. Exposure of magnetic nanoparticles to alternating magnetic fields: new tools for the tumor hyperthermia
3. Numerical and experimental electromagnetic dosimetry
4. Functionalized nanocapsules as markers and nanocarriers in biomedical applications
5. Synthetic cell systems: integrin-liposomes and protein composite nanofiber
6. Membrane reconstitution systems for the investigation of peptide-lipid interaction: Impact for drug design
7. Lipid vesicles as Biomimetic Systems
8. Compartmentalized reactions as models for biological cells
9. Stochastic simulations of minimal cell model systems
10. Developmental approaches to create new organs
11. Neuron-chip interface and its modelling
12. Microfluidic platforms for studying central nervous system disorders
13. Triggering molecular dynamics simulations
14. Isotope edited infra-red spectroscopy
1. EMF exposure set-up
2. Raman and IR Spectroscopy
3. Lipid vesicles preparation
4. Optical microscopy and Light scattering
5. Nanobiotech /Microelectronics
6. Molecular Dynamic Simulations